Step away from the plaster of Paris people, it can be friggin dangerous. A 19 year old art student lost 8 fingers after she plonked her hands in the plaster. Evidently when plaster of Paris sets, it heats from the inside out. Her hands were exposed to heat of up to 60C after she mistakenly put her hands in the plaster instead of wet clay . The class and teacher were horrified when the liquid quickly set around her skin and began burning. Despite a frantic attempt to hack off the plaster with hammers it was only when in hospital that doctors, using a pneumatic drill, were they able to free her. By then, however her hands were badly burned. Hell yes she is suing!