Hamley, one of the stars of the South African TV drama Wild At Heart has died after being struck by a bolt of lightning during a thunder storm. I’m guessing being a giraffe you’re neck pretty much acts as a lightning conductor. Hamley the giraffe had been on the show for five years.
Psst He’ll be a bitch to bury!
Ok, a little follow up to my story about the King of Kings statue getting struck by lightening. We now have the 911 calls. The dispatcher laughs when told Jesus’s arm is on fire. Hmm, might be going to hell for that one!
How’s this for a sausage sizzle,Eric Brocklebank got the biggest shock of his life when the BBQ fork he was holding was hit by a bolt of lightning. The air cadet chief was manning the sausages during an electrical storm when the his fork acted like a conductor. Straight through his arm and out through his feet went the bolt.The slightly cooked cadet chief spent two days in hospital recovering. Mr Brocklebank said “I was told the only thing I could say as I was drifting in and out of consciousness was ‘sausages’.” I think I would be saying something a little more colorful.